Re: SVG Feature Request: Toggle text selection sensitivity

> Charles Pritchard:
>> Related to this thread, I'm exploring the possibility of enabling CSS
>> pointer-events to work with canvas.
>>
>> The stroke(), fill() and clearRect properties are sufficient to
>> maintain a 1bit per pixel bitmap as an incremental improvement on the
>> relationship between DOM events and the 2d context.
>>
>> It seems quite manageable within existing specs; but would lump
>> strokeText in with stroke(), or simply not composite strokeText /
>> fillText onto the 1bit per pixel backing store.
> I’m not sure why you need to maintain a separate 1bpp buffer.  We have
> discussed in the past extending pointer-events with a value that means
> “capture events on pixels that are not alpha=0”, which might be
> sufficient.
It might be sufficient. If it's not, a 1bpp buffer seems a logical step.
pointer-events="painted" seems like what you're describing.

stroke/fill may be workable with 1bpp.

They may be desirable, for the same reasons they're desirable in SVG.

-Charles