Re: SVG Fonts [...]

On 6/7/10 7:01 AM, Erik Dahlstrom wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 04:31:51 +0200, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>
>> Not quite. They support a subset (or rather multiple incompatible
>> subsets) of SVG Fonts.
>
> In my experience what's defined in SVG Tiny 1.2 for SVG Fonts is quite
> interoperable.

And the UAs in question support nothing outside SVG Tiny 1.2?

> And of course there are more implementations that support
> SVG Fonts, e.g Inkscape, Illustrator and various other tools.

Same question.

> Basically I don't think there's ground for the statement about "multiple
> incompatible subsets".

There sure was last time I tested this stuff; perhaps implementations
have changed since then (narrowed down the scope of what they implement,
or converged on the cases they disagreed on that are outside Tiny 1.2)?

I'll accept the claim that SVG Tiny 1.2 SVG Fonts are interoperably
implemented in multiple UAs.  But the discussion was about SVG 1.1 SVG
Fonts.

-Boris