Re: Feature Request: markerPaint

On 2/8/10, Jeff Schiller  wrote:

> ...we have come across an issue with markers:  One common desire
> is for the arrow-heads to match the stroke paint of the line/path.  We
> do this by duplicating marker elements in our defs for each element
> with a unique stroke paint using the marker.  That sucks because we
> must have N marker elements and manage them, etc.  And if you want to
> change the line's paint (or maybe animate it)... lots more overhead.

Hi Jeff,
I agree,
The house-keeping for creating/removing of arrow markers is excessive.
The arrow is the primary use of the marker in lines and paths. We
should consider an arrow attribute for lines and paths, with the
default being the stroke color. Build in base arrow-style(s) ,and if
we want a different style we can always go to the marker.

Regards,
Francis