Re: Additional Proposed Agenda Items for Today's (Monday's?) SVG TeleCon

On Thu, 04 Feb 2010 16:51:13 +0100, Patrick Dengler <patd@microsoft.com>
wrote:

> Item #1 Test Suites
> ===========
> As requested, we were wondering if we can get the self-closing <object
> /> repaired on the test suites.  We are still gathering information from
> the web on how often this is used in this matter, but since according to
> HTML4/5 spec they should not be self-closing, we'd like to see this
> adjusted (soon :)).

Already fixed in the new testsuite harnesses, for SVG Tiny 1.2 and SVG 1.1
Second Edition.

> Also, there seems to be no XHTML harness.  Since this a key scenarios,
> and it seems the test suites were originally extracted from XHTML,
> should we have those tests as well?

According to validator.w3.org the <object> harness is valid XHTML 1.0
Transitional, so it'd mostly be a question of serving it with another
internet media type (mimetype). I wouldn't mind, but I think it's more
important that there is an HTML harness, and we'd save time by serving the
same markup for both.

Cheers
/Erik

Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group