Re: SVG Masking and different implementations

On Thursday, July 30, 2009, 2:04:51 PM, Dirk wrote:

DS> I finally found the reason for the difference: it's the color space.
DS> Some rendering engines use sRGB for the calculation of luminance instead
DS> of linearRGB.
DS> The Spec explicitly want linearRGB for the calculation. That means
DS> Firefox and Batik are do the right thing with using linearRGB.

And this tells me that we need some more tests in the SVG test suite that are designed to show very clearly whether an implementation is calculating in linearRGB or not.

 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG