Re: Seeking in a SVGt 1.2 based video player

Dr. Olaf Hoffmann <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de> wrote:

> I don't know flash video players, therefore I do not know, if
> this is, what you are looking for, but declarative timing
> can have negative offsets, therefore the presentation of
> the video does not always start at the beginning.
> According to SVGT A.6.1  this seems to be possible too for
> scripting:
> beginElementAt
> 'Creates a begin instance time for the current time plus or minus the passed
> offset. The new instance time is added to the begin instance times list.'
> It uses simply the same time list as declarative animations.

I think that by using beginElementAt() you can only seek backwards, by
choosing offsets that generate begin times after the animation's latest
(current) begin time and before the current document time.

Seeking forwards implies adding new begin times _before_ its current
begin time which simply does nothing, since the present animation is
always computed from the latest begin time before the current document time.

Just out of curiosity, is there a proper way to arbitrarily seek videos
in SVGT besides embedding another SVG document as the video container
and seeking the embedded SVG document back and forth?

'(br
S)