Re: 'live icon' was: dilemma of cache: two types of image

Hi, Jonathan-

I think it's possible that caching is not necessarily relevant here.
Could you please describe your use case a bit more?  What you're talking
about below actually sounds to me more like a widget, or an offline web
app, but I might be misunderstanding.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, WebApps, SVG, and CDF