Re: Applying SVG properties to non-SVG content

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 9:39 AM, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:

> Processing of fragments (especially the parts IMHO of most relevance to
> Robert's spec) can be found by plodding around starting from FuncXMLRI:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/types.html#DataTypeFuncXMLRI.

By the way there's a significant problem in this spec:
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/linking.html#ReferenceRestrictions

> *A:* Reference a fragment within the current SVG document fragment<http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/intro.html#TermSVGDocumentFragment>(e.g. "#someelement").

What if the reference is coming from an external CSS stylesheet? URLs should
be interpreted relative to the stylesheet, so normally we'd expect
#someelement to be an element in the stylesheet, which is of course
nonsense, but anyway it conflicts with the SVG spec here. We could
special-case a lone fragment identifier to say it refers to that element of
the styled document, but that seems a little ugly. I don't care myself but
it will need to be addressed.

Rob
53:5-6]