Re: Applying SVG properties to non-SVG content

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 11:08 AM, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:

> From a logistical point of view, the obvious time and place to continue
> this discussion is at the TPAC in October.  And, of course, on this thread,
> in the meantime.

I'm unlikely to be able to attend the TPAC, unfortunately.

>  A different problem is how to set the priorities. Compared to all the
>> other work being done in SVG and CSS, how high a priority is this and how
>> many resources are available for it? Should it be done in the next two years
>> (at the cost of what other work?), can it wait a year or two, should it not
>> be done anytime soon, or not be done at all...
>>

> Personally, I see this as a high priority.  I think it should be started in
> a timeframe that allows Mozilla, Opera, and Safari to include this in
> upcoming product releases.

That would be good. It needn't take long.

> CDF WG might be a good place for this to be specified, or we could form a
> new joint Task Force.

Both of those sound less than ideal. How about if I split it up so that the
clip-path/filter/mask extensions belong to the SVG WG and the paint-server
backgrounds belong to the CSS WG?

Rob
53:5-6]