Re: @role in SVG

Doug,

I seem to be losing the battle of changing the subject to reflect the
content....

I don't have a simple definition of "naive users" that will be useful
in all circumstances.
developers and 'interested parties' are known to have their own
agenda, one that might purport to be for the benefit of other groups
who are not represented.

To that extent it may be necessary to identify naive users as those
persons not represented.

as you say: end-users, casual developers, people using an authoring
tool, and people with various disabilities are all very different
audiences, who deserve individual consideration.

relatively few people are 'developers' and their representation is
out of all proportion, this cannot but jeopardise and prejudice
likely outcomes, to the detriment of all concerned.

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd
Accessibility Consultant on Media Literacy and the Internet