ARIA and the user's rôle

Rick,

I changed the topic, so as not to interfere with the other topic thread

it might also be helpful, if you told me a little more about yourself...

in the meantime:

it's true as they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so
one does need to be careful when assessing the contributions from
naive persons. However it is possible.

it's also possible to author without having traditional literacy
skills, just as it's also possible to draw without representation.
This introduction might be helpful:
http://danbri.org/words/2007/09/14/199

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd
Accessibility Consultant on Media Literacy and the Internet

On 10 Oct 2007, at 13:24, Rick wrote:

On 10/10/07, "~:'' ありがとうございました。"
<j.chetwynd@btinternet.com> wrote:
>  as I previously mentioned it appears that there has been no
> response from
> any naive users.

What does that mean?  Jonathan, I have much difficulty sorting out
what it is that you are talking about.  Maybe it's because I'm a geek,
and therefore naive, but I've read back through some of your emails
and I see phrases like 'the pre-literate author when composing' which
I don't understand.  How can you be an author if you are illiterate?
( I'm naively assuming that pre-literate is PC for illiterate, but
could learn someday. )

I don't understand why you would ask anyone about a topic when they
are considered naive.  You would have to educate them first, and in
doing so doubtless they would borrow your opinions for quite a while
before forming their own.

I'm obviously missing some broad concept here.

--
Cheers!
Rick