Re: SVG12: !important in property animation

Dear Bjoerm,

* Bjoerm Hoehrmann wrote:

>http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20050413/animate.html seems
>clear that animation like <set attributeName="fill" to="red!important"
>... />> is allowed

In section
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-smil-animation-20010904/#SpecifyingAnimati
onTarget of the SMIL specification, the attributeType attribute is used
to disambiguate the name mapping between a CSS property and an XML
attribute. It does not imply that CSS syntax can be used for animation
values.

>In fact, the string above would perfectly match the
>'value' production in that section. But well, if you think this should
>not be disallowed, please work with the SYMM WG to install appropriate
>language in the SMIL and SVG specifications to clearly rule this out.

I think this has already been made clear. In section
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-smil-animation-20010904/#ToAttribute
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-smil-animation-20010904/#ToAttribute>  of
the SMIL specification, it states what can be used for animation values:

"The animation values specified in the animation element must be legal
values for the specified attribute."

For SVGT this means an attribute value that conforms to our spec, with
no additional syntax.

All the best,

Andrew

________________________________

Andrew Emmons
Software Architect

SVGT Player
Open Text Corporation, BitFlash Division
515 Legget Drive, Suite 300
Ottawa ON K2K 3G4

Tel: 613.599.9335 ext.3248
Fax: 613.599.9177