Re: SVGT 1.2: requirements for pointer selection

On Thursday, June 29, 2006, 8:48:21 AM, Maciej wrote:

MS> On Jun 27, 2006, at 3:39 PM, Doug Schepers wrote:

>> Hi, Maciej-

>> Thanks for raising this issue. First, let me state that the reason
>> for this requirement are rooted in accessibility concerns.

MS> What assistive technology depends on the ability to drag-select text
MS> with the pointer?

Eye trackers, head mounted pointers, and other assistive technology for partially sighted or physically disabled users.

MS>  And why don't they seem to mind that not all HTML
MS> UAs allow this?

They do mind. They have to select a bit of additional text that is outside the link, and then trim it off after they paste it.

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG