Re: [SVGMobile12] 16.2.6 Paced animation and complex types: Determination of a distance along a path.

Hello Dr. Olaf,

Dr. Olaf Hoffmann wrote:

>sorry, now I understand, that the table is not applicable
>for animateMotion using a path attribute or a mpath
>element. This part of the problem was my error.
>The second can simply be avoided by removing
>'control' from 'control point'.

So, you would be satisfied if we changed "only cubic and quadratic
beziers can contain 'control points'" to "only cubic and quadratic
beziers can contain 'points'"?

>Something related:
>The distance definition of transform list type rotate
>seems to be a little bit strange (physical argumentation),
>because it mixes up angles and lengths.
>Because they have different units, calculations according
>to this will lead to funny effects, comparing the same
>animation with just a coordinate system scaled differently
>for lengths.
>It is maybe more useful to define the distances for
>the angle and the translation independently, using
>a replacement like
>translate(-cx,-cy) rotate(angleA) translate(cx,cy)
>and the distance definitions for value types angle
>and transform list type translate.

OK - we'll look into this.  Given that it involves no change to
functionality, we may delay changing this wording until later - could
you propose the exact wording that you think this section ought to
have?  (That'll give us the best chance of looking at this and approving
it before we publish the current draft).

Thanks,

Andrew.