Re: [SVGMobile12] SVGT12-207: SVG Tiny 1.2 does not comply to AWWW

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, Chris Lilley wrote:

> Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> > The belief asserted in this statement:
> >
> > # It is believed that this specification is in accordance with the Web
> > # Architecture principles as described in Web Architecture [AWWW].
> >
> > ...is false. AWWW requires that specifications be orthogonal, but the
> > presence of incompatible versions of XML Events, DOM Core, and SMIL
> > features, as well as the introduction of wholly redundant features such as
> > <textArea>, clearly shows that SVG 1.2 does not fulfill this requirement.
> >
> > Please remove this false assertion.
>
> Thanks for your comment. Other people have given us more specific
> feedback about incompatibilities with other specs, and we have resolved
> them.

Unless you have removed the profiling of DOM Core, stopped using a subset
of SMIL features, and removed all the wholly redundant features such as
<textArea>, my opinion is still that the aforementioned requirement is not
fulfilled.

> The WG thus believes that the statement is correct, and as one of the
> authors of that specification I concur.

Please mark my disagreement clearly in your disposition of comments.