Re: status of 1.2 full spec

On 1/24/06, Chris Lilley wrote:

> Willingness to add new features decreases over time, but increases if there is particular interest from users, implementors or (ideally) both.
>
> Did you have a particular type of advanced gradient you were interested in?

There are several features I'm interested in. In particular, 4.2.4.3
(more color spaces), 4.2.4.4 (color palettes, indexed palette),
4.2.5.1 (compositing modes), 4.2.6.2 (perspective transformations),
4.2.13.2 (layers) and, as already referenced, 4.2.7.1 (more gradient
options).

Since some of them are marked as both [SVG 1.2] and [SVG 2.0]
milestones, I can't tell if some of them are already covered by the
next working draft of 1.2.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to discuss all of them in the same
thread, thus - on gradients.

Keeping in mind that release cycle of 2.0 might take 3-4 more years it
would be ideal to have at least conical and rectangular gradients,
triangle mesh and shaped fill in 1.2 Full Specification. However, for
me the most critical of the above is shaped fill.

Alexandre