Re: SVG12: snapshotTime optional

* Chris Lilley wrote:
>BH>   In
>BH> http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20050413/struct.html the
>BH> snapshotTime attribute is defined as
>
>BH> [...]
>BH>   Indicates a moment in time which is most relevant for a still-image of
>BH>   the animated svg content. This time can be used as a hint to the SVG
>BH>   User Agent for rendering a still-image of an animated SVG Document,
>BH>   such as a preview.
>BH> [...]
>
>BH> This language suggests that implementation of this feature is optional.
>
>It is thumbnail generation which is optional. SVG says nothing about how
>big a thumbnail should be, whether it is animated, etc.

Well, it laters also says for the example "UA with snapshot support at
the left, without snapshot support at the right" which clearly suggests
that it may be possible for a user agent to not support "snapshot"
(which should probably be 'snapshotTime').

The discussion of the example also notes that this is for a "static
view" of the image and in the "WICD Core 1.0" Working Draft I see

  For SVG child objects, the document time used for rendering a
  frozen or static image shall be that given by the SVG 'snapshotTime'
  attribute. If no 'snapshotTime' is present in the animation, a
  document time of zero (0) must be used.

It seems the SVG Tiny 1.2 Working Draft should require this behavior
whenever implementations render a graphic into a static context; that
would make the feature not optional and address my concern.