Re: SVG12: IDL namespaces

On Sunday, May 22, 2005, 1:11:43 AM, Bjoern wrote:

BH> SMIL Animation is also sufficiently normative and maintained
BH> to reference it from other sections of the draft, so I stand by my
BH> original request.

SMIL Animation is not particularly maintained. In response to comments
(including yours) we refer only to SMIL 2.0 now, which does not have
these interfaces.

BH> In SVG 1.1 and SMIL Animation the TimeEvent is
BH> org.w3c.dom.smil.TimeEvent, so putting it into the events module
BH> would mean one of

BH>   * redundant interfaces (both .smil.TimeEvent and .events.TimeEvent)

Yes, that is what it does mean. An implementation that supports both 1.1
and 1.2 has to allow both methods (but only needs to implement it once,
clearly).

Please let us know within two weeks if that does not satisfy you.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG