Re: sXBL issue -- bindings getting notified when the bound element is inserted into a document

Cameron McCormack wrote:
> For bindings such as ECMAScript, where there is no notion of interfaces
> per se and objects just happen to adhere a particular interface, it
> doesn't matter so much.

Indeed, except insofar as in a COM-like system (such as Mozilla, for example) it
violates COM rules.

> I'm interested to know if in the C++ parts of
> Mozilla you have references to XBL objects where this becomes a problem.

Yes, there can definitely be references from C++ to XBL objects in Mozilla.  And
yes, behavior when bindings are removed is a pretty major issue there...

> But at least DOM3 says that the node is allowed to be replaced if it is
> not possible for the implementation to just rename the node (for
> whatever reason).

Indeed.  I fully expect to take advantage of that weasel-hole as needed.  ;)

-Boris