Re: [SVGMobile12] Comments: Introduction

Hi Boris,

Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> Craig Northway wrote:
>
>> current SVG document fragment
>>    The XML document sub-tree which starts with the ancestor 'svg'
>>    element of a given SVG element, with the requirement that all
>>    container elements between the 'svg'
>>    and this element are all elements in the SVG language and namespace.
>

> So one always talks about the "current SVG document fragment" of some
> specific node, then?  Perhaps that should be made clear in the naming.

Yes, you do talk about the current SVG document fragment of a node. Are
you suggesting the name of this term should change?

> "language and" above is redundant, I think.

Perhaps but, I think this is needed to make it clear that only the
elements defined by the W3C SVG language are acceptable.

> It seems that there can be no "current SVG document fragment" for a
> node (eg if its parent is not in the SVG namespace).  Perhaps this
> should be said explicitly?

Yes, thats what I believe. How's this:

    current SVG document fragment
    The current SVG document fragment of a element is the XML document
    sub-tree which starts with the ancestor 'svg'
    <cid:part1.06080305.01090602@cisra.canon.com.au> element. For this
    to be a valid current SVG document fragement all container elements
    between the 'svg' <cid:part1.06080305.01090602@cisra.canon.com.au>
    and this element must be elements in the SVG language and namespace.

>> SVG document fragment
>>
>>    The XML document sub-tree which starts with an 'svg'
>>    element. An SVG document fragment can consist of a stand-alone SVG
>>    document, or a fragment of a parent XML document enclosed by an
>>    'svg' element. In SVG Tiny 1.2 the SVG document fragment cannot
>> contain
>>    nested 'svg' elements.
>

> "An XML document sub-tree whose root is an 'svg' element" would make
> more sense

Yes, I agree, thanks. I have made that change.

Craig