Re: [SVG12] Event categories

* Jon Ferraiolo wrote:
>I agree that the SVG 1.2 spec should include event categories for all
>events. Thanks for catching this.

Note that the events section in both the previous SVG 1.2 draft and the
current SVG Tiny 1.2 draft are extremely confused as I've been pointing
for quite some time now. Here in particular it confuses event categories
with arguments for the createEvent eventType parameter. The latter are
not event categories as defined in DOM Level 3 Events.

>But with zoom, there is no event category. I think the best thing for
>"zoom" is to define a new event category, "SVGEvent" (parallel with
>"HTMLEvent"). If this suggestion is accepted, then there would need to be a
>new "SVGEvent" section listed in the SVG DOM appendix.

Note that you cannot use "HTMLEvent" as eventType parameter for the
createEvent method. As I've pointed out before, using "HTMLEvent" in
this sections makes no sense to me. Since SVG Tiny 1.2 does not support
createEvent and all the related features, introduction of a new emtpy
SVGEvent interface seems of little use (except of course that SVG 1.1
had such an empty interface aswell).