Re: [SVG12] Event categories

Cameron,
I agree that the SVG 1.2 spec should include event categories for all
events. Thanks for catching this.

Looking at the SVG-t 1.2 list of events
(http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/interact.html#SVGEvents) and the SVG-t
1.2 DOM, I see that all events except "zoom" have an event category, but
the table in the interactivity chapter doesn't show it. Thus:

beginEvent, endEvent, repeatEvent - event category: TimeEvent
   link: http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/svgudom.html#events::TimeEvent
connectionData - event category: ConnectionEvent
   link: http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/svgudom.html#events::ConnectionEvent
preload, loadprogress, postload - event category: ProgressEvent
   link: http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/svgudom.html#events::ProgressEvent

But with zoom, there is no event category. I think the best thing for
"zoom" is to define a new event category, "SVGEvent" (parallel with
"HTMLEvent"). If this suggestion is accepted, then there would need to be a
new "SVGEvent" section listed in the SVG DOM appendix.

Jon