Re: [SVGMobile12] SVGT12-207: Grammatical errors

Ian Hickson wrote:

>The SVG Tiny 1.2 specification is quite hard to read, mostly because of
>grammatical errors and poor English. For instance, in section 11.5 one
>finds the following sentent:

                         ^ funny!

> "Normally stroking involves calculating
>stroke outline of the shape's path in current user space and filling that
>outline with the stroke paint (color or gradient)."

I don't think it's *that* bad.  Can you suggest an alternative, please?

> As others have pointed
>out, there are also a large number of typos.

There were certainly a couple of typos, but I didn't think there were
very many.
Did you catch any others?

>As a W3C member it is quite embarrassing to see such text in a last call
>draft.
>
>Please conduct a thorough proof-reading of the specification to correct
>the grammar and any typos.

We've already done so, and we're sorry we missed a couple.  However, I
don't think the typos and grammar mistakes quoted so far are unusual for
a document of this size and nature, and I don't think it's an embarrassment.

Andrew.