Re: [SVGMobile12] SVGT12-207: Too many issues (again)

On Thursday 2005-12-29 00:27 +0000, Ian Hickson wrote:
> Please substantially increase the review period so that we may have more
> time to review this long specification.
>
> Given the large number of comments, including several that will require
> substantial rewrites to address, I would like the opportunity to review
> the changes that will be made, in the context of a complete specification,
> before this specification moves to the next phase.

And, given the rather unusual statement in the last call [1]:

# The purpose of this third Last Call is to allow reviewers to verify
# that their comments have been included as agreed by the SVG Working
# Group, it is not intended as a new, general review period. Comments
# for this specification should have a subject starting with the prefix
# '[SVGMobile12]' followed by the number of the comment from the Last
# Call Comments List. E.g. "[SVGMobile12], SVGT12-4, subject here".

...  please consider the new issues raised since the end of the previous
last call period as a partial list of the reasons that I and other
reviewers are not satisfied with the group's response to this issue
(#207).

I'd also add, in general, that the issues I've seen raised show that:
 * there are still significant disagreements with other specifications,
 * there are still significant features that overlap with features in
   other specifications, and
 * there are still significant features being added at the wrong layer
   for achieving conformance with section 4.3 of webarch [2].

-David

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20051207/#status
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-webarch-20041215/#pci