Re: SVG12: animation of path data

* Nandini Ramani wrote:
>Discrete animation is *prohibited *and the wording in the spec. reflects
>this.

The latest draft actually notes "Non-interpolated (i.e. the calcMode is
discrete) path data animation is always possible." It is not clear to me
whether your response or the draft is in error. I also didn't understand
what "then the animation specification must be ignored as unsupported"
might mean.

>--------
>The native implementations must support the following simplifications or
>canonicalization of path segments. Any simplifications should be
>lossless.
>
>   * Relative commands (c, h, l, m, q, s, t, and v) must be converted
>to their absolute counterparts.
>   * Horizontal and Vertical lines (H, h, V, and v) must be converted
>to general lines (L and l).
>   * Translate command S to command C.
>   * Translate command T to command Q
>--------

This is actually not an absolute requirement in the draft but rather
an optional step which is then later an absolute requirement for the
SVGPath interface.