Re: SVG 1.2 Tiny: Please add changes from last version

On Sunday, December 11, 2005, 8:01:18 AM, Maciej wrote:

MS> I think it would really improve the spec to have a section that
MS> indicates changes relative to SVG 1.1. This would be a great help
MS> both to implementors and to anyone looking to comment on the spec.

MS> Currently many major web browsers are implementing SVG 1.1 Full
MS> directly (Firefox, Opera and Mozilla all have work in various stages
MS> of progress). It would be really nice if it were possible to
MS> implement an engine that supports the union of 1.1 Full and 1.2 Tiny
MS> without a mode switch, but it's hard to tell from the spec if this is
MS> feasible. I suspect browsers would not want to implement 1.2 Full as
MS> it currently stands.

Its hard to produce a diff between 1.1 full and 1.2 tiny given the
markup is different and that the wording has been altered in some places
to make it clearer.

The old (profile) 1.2 spec had color coding for elements in 1.2 tiny
that were not in 1.1 tiny. We could look at doing element and attribute
indexes that were similarly coded (new compared to Tiny 1.1, and new
compared to Full 1.1)

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG