Re: [SVGMobile12] SVGT12-207: <title> does not define what the title is

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005, Chris Lilley wrote:
> On Saturday, December 10, 2005, 1:54:11 AM, Ian wrote:

> >> Would the following text suffice? [...]
>
> IH> It does not seem that the text you suggested would in any way address my
> IH> issue, no.
>
> Can you explain why not? You said that the spec says nowhere what a
> title is. I provided text that says what a title is, and you say that
> doesn't help. Perhaps you could explain your point again.

The question is exactly what text string is the title. For example, in
these snippets (none of which are "in error"):

   <svg:title> Hello World </svg:title>
   <svg:title> Hello <svg:defs>World</svg:defs> </svg:title>
   <svg:title> <html:p>Hello World</html:p> </svg:title>
   <svg:title> Hello <html:noscript>World</html:noscript> </svg:title>

...what should the UA use as the text? I mean, please give the exact
literal string that a conformant UA would put in the application's title
bar, or in a tooltip, or wherever it puts the title.

The same applies to <desc> and the description.