Re: [SVGMobile12] SVGT12-207: <title> does not define what the title is

On Saturday, December 10, 2005, 1:54:11 AM, Ian wrote:

IH> On Sat, 10 Dec 2005, Chris Lilley wrote:
>>
>> On Friday, December 9, 2005, 10:37:44 PM, Ian wrote:
>>
>> IH> Please add some text to the specification that defines what an
>> IH> element's title is. The current specification defines that a user can
>> IH> use <title> elements to set the title, and that the UA can use <title>
>> IH> elements to get the title, but does not define exactly how the title
>> IH> is actually obtained.
>>
>> Would the following text suffice? [...]

IH> It does not seem that the text you suggested would in any way address my
IH> issue, no.

Can you explain why not? You said that the spec says nowhere what a
title is. I provided text that says what a title is, and you say that
doesn't help. Perhaps you could explain your point again.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG