Re: Last Call: SVG Tiny 1.2

On Dec 08, 2005, at 16:38, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> I won't have access to things like mail either, actually.

Wow.

> It's too bad that we're in this situation where people just want a
> "spec" to bless whatever they're doing, whether the spec works well
> or not.  :(

It's not so much that. They want the spec to work (and it does) but
said spec is up against proprietary, non-RF, either non-standard or
standardised by rubber-stamping what one company does (no matter how
bad it is), and it is deemed better to have a spec out there to beat
those other options even if it means that it may have a few bugs (but
again, this draft is *much* better than the previous one) rather than
try to get a perfect spec long after the market has been overtaken by
crap alternatives.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist