Re: SVG12: seeking requirements

* Craig Northway wrote:
>The UA cannot store the discarded elements for reinsertion, this would
>defeat the purpose of discarding them! I can't see how there can be any
>behaviour other than not reinserting the elements in the document seeks
>backwards.

It is technically possible to re-insert discarded elements in many
situations and user agent developers might consider the ability to seek
in such documents more important than possible performance gains; the
current text suggests that such optimization renders an implementation
non-conforming without actually saying so. Hence I requested that this
is either clearly prohibed or clearly allowed.