Re: sXBL: Schema fragments (was: Re: Comments on 1st sXBL Working Draft)

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> Please adopt the style used in <http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt>, it's the
> most readable notation I have come across in a specification and I know
> from a lot of authors (including myself) that this notation greatly
> helped them to learn the language.

Unfortunately the (ad-hoc?) notation used in XSLT is not really expressive
enough to describe the exact format of sXBL (e.g. the content model of
<xbl:definition> elements).

> This RelaxNG stuff along with these odd "Expected children" / "Expected
> context" things is most difficult to access even for me.

The "expected children" stuff is just English prose, it's not a schema
language.