Re: implementation size for SVG Tiny

Jean-Claude Dufourd wrote:
> Robin Berjon wrote:
>> It would depend in part on your platform, how big its code tends to be
>> and how much it already provides you with in terms of graphical
>> functionality.
>
> Of course, you are right. Right now, I need rough numbers.

Yes, I just wanted to point out that rough may vary quite a lot. For
instance, the latest version of PalmOS reportedly has natively all the
graphic primitives SVG Tiny needs. That would cut down the code size.

> The BitFlash web site says: SVG Tiny-compliant on Symbian for ~500Kb
> If this is the minimum, then I would need a smaller profile.

Where did you get that from, I can't find it on BitFlash's website. Are
you sure it's not the SVG Basic implementation?

I couldn't find the numbers for Zoomon's Tiny implementation, it would
be nice to know.

>> Tinyline is somewhere around 100k and is pretty much conformant.
>
> Not really. The author says: "SVG Minute"

No, he says "SVG Tiny implementation and advanced 2D graphics for J2ME
platform (...) and compact code size about 100K."
(http://tinyline.com/svgt/index.html). The conformance page
(http://tinyline.com/svgt/conformance.html) gives a good idea of how
much of Tiny is supported.

>> Are you considering implementing? There's an implementors list if
>> you're interested.
>
> Right, my question is probably more relevant there. Thanks for the tip.
> Best regards

Your question is fine here, the implementors list is open solely to
implementors. It sits at public-svg-implementors@w3.org.

--
Robin Berjon