Re: Third release of Constraint SVG browser

Tobias Reif wrote:
>>>The freedom to add foreign content "anywhere" would also have to be
>>>expressed in the schemas.
>>
>>Yes.
>
> I hope the 1.1 RNG will be updated soon and maintained actively until
> it's complete and correct, but you already knew that :)

Yup!

>>We have been considering using NRL to help with that.
>
> For allowing arbitrary foreign content RNG suffices, but NRL might be
> more convenient for you [2]. If people need to validate that foreign
> content then NRL helps, but you (the SVG WG) can't really help with
> that AFAICS, since content from any foreign namespace is allowed. I
> assume you refer to using NRL for stuff like XLink and XSLT which is
> respectively will be referenced from the specs?

I know, which is why XLink is included directly and not through NRL
(likewise XML Events). I'd estimate it's most likely to concern XForms
and XHTML (and of course user-defined languages).

The RNG should normally end up being open throughout. I wish there were
a way to make that the default ;)

--
Robin Berjon