Re: Request for path having child paths or being composed of point elements

Andy Bailey wrote:
> I just happen to think that xsl is the best invention since sliced
> bread. And want to be able to process everything xml using xsl. It just
> happens that I want to reverse a svg cubic spline path using xsl and
> there is no easy way to do it.
>
> By the way is there any other way to do what I want?

Which XSLT processor are you using? You could write a extension function to
manipulate path data. I think I have one for XML::LibXSLT /somewhere/.

As for the notion that the path syntax "breaks XML", I see what you mean but it
is not an isolated case. Take XPath for instance (since you're talking about
XSLT), it used to be in an XML syntax... aren't we glad it was changed to its
more sensical self?

I believe that the path syntax as it stands makes it much easier to author (not
everyone uses visual tools for that). It also helps compact not only the file,
more much more importantly the DOM, which is quite important.

--
Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Research Engineer, Expway        http://expway.fr/