Fwd: [Moderator Action] server-side SVG generation

You must be subscribed to post.

----- Forwarded message from Joe Bodell <jbnr51@yahoo.com> -----

From: Joe Bodell <jbnr51@yahoo.com>
To: www-svg@w3.org
Subject: [Moderator Action] server-side SVG generation

Hi all,

I'd love to be able to show you an example of what
I've been working on, but alas - the firewall stands
in our way.  However, my question is this--

How much work has been done with server-side
generation of SVGs? (via ASP, JSP, etc)  If it's a
lot, are there any good examples (on public websites)?
 If not, WHY NOT?  In my current project, it's proven
to be a significant improvement over a java applet for
displaying data from a database.  Thoughts, comments,
ideas?

Thanks,

Joe Bodell
The MITRE Corporation