RE: Changing the Y axis

A word of warning (I learned it from my own experience...): if you use the
transformation described below, this will also transform characters in a
text. Ie, if you put some text in your drawing, it will appear upside down.
Ie, you have to apply a local transformation for text elements which turn
them upside down first, and then enclose it in the big drawing.

It is a bit of a pain.

At 21:30 10-10-01, J. David Eisenberg wrote:
>On Wed, 10 Oct 2001 ronan@roasp.com wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Unfortunately, SVG works from the top, left hand corner. There are two ways
> > to move the axis back to the bottom left hand.
> >
> > 1/ translate everyting by defining a transformation and using it in all
> > objects and use y = -y
> >
> > 2/ calculate all the points.
> >
> > 3/ create an svg document and embed it at the position you want using the
> > $svg->image() method. For this case, you just need to use y=-y.
> >
> > I use option 2 for the line calculator at
> > http://roasp.com/svg/lines.html
> > This is the most reliable and fastest option but the most cumbersome.
> >
> > Ronan.
> >
>Yet another method:
>
>Find the maximum Y value in your drawing. For purposes of this example,
>say that the maximum Y is 150.
>
>Enclose your entire drawing in this:
>
>  <g transform="translate(0,150) scale(1,-1)">
>
>         <!-- your graphics here -->
>  </g>
>
>---
>J. David Eisenberg  http://catcode.com/

Ivan Herman

Head of Offices, World Wide Web Consortium
C/o W3C Dutch Office at CWI,  Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam
tel:           +31-20-5924163
fax:          +31-20-5924312
mobile:     +33-608872517
email:       ivan@w3.org