Re: Fwd: [Moderator Action] error in Ecmascript-binding

Jon Ferraiolo wrote:

> I don't understand this error report completely. I did a search on
> ecmascript-binding.html and did not find methods open(), write(),
> writeln() or close() anywhere. I also don't see these methods in the
> Document interface for DOM2. Is the expectation that, because the old
> HTML DOM had these methods, then the SVG DOM should have these
> methods, also?

Looks that way, yes. in other words, someone had expectations of how the
obnject should work and when it dd noty have those mwthods, assumed
something was broken in the documentation.

> The SVG 1.0 working group discussed these methods a long time ago and
> decided that developers should use DOM2 Core methods such as
> createElement() to change the document rather than insert new parsable
> XML into the pre-parsed document stream via write() and writeln().

Yes, absolutely. And that was the correct decision. So the bug request
becomes a FAQ pointer.

--
Chris