Re: Structure and Accessibility versus SVG

--- Dave  J Woolley <DJW@bts.co.uk> wrote:
> It has always been the case that the standardisation
> of HTML,
> although not its commercial implementation, have
> been driven by
> considerations of structure and accessibility,
> however, my
> impression of the discussions on this list indicate
> that most
> people are only interested in using SVG for form,
> and using it
> to replace, rather than augment, HTML.
Hi Dave,
I really don't think so. SVG is an XML-language which
can be embedded in XML- or HTML-documents, styled with
CSS, text is text (so it could be read and translated
by a braille- or aural browser) as opposed to bitmaps;
since this all works well together, why replace HTML
with SVG?
I would like to use XML with SVG and both with CSS2,
access the docs with XML-query language; everything is
marked up meaningfully and specifically (as opposed to
genaral HTML-tags), thus very structured and
accessible.
Tobi

=====
Tobias Reif    http://www.tbx67.de/svg/    http://www.tbx67.de