RE: AW: How to reference symbols defined in a separate file?

Paul,

Sounds like a good idea.  It is *is* something we are looking at, just not
something we've gotten to yet in SVGView....

Sorry about that.  I'll see what I can do about moving it up the list of
things we wish to get implemented (no promises being made here though).

Regards,
Mike Paolini
IBM SVG Team
This would seem to me to be an important feature. One of the uses I have
hoped for SVG is to display mathematical equations, possibly represented in
MathML. Due to poor font/character support in current browsers for anything
other natural human languages, it is expected that such equation graphics
would use SVG symbols. If all the equation SVG islands on web page could
share a set of symbols, the total amount of data and processing should be
much reduced.

Paul Topping
pault@mathtype.com
Design Science, Inc.