RE: AW: How to reference symbols defined in a separate file?

Paul,
The SVG working group recognizes the need for referencing elements in
symbol libraries, which is why the ability to access these symbol libraries
is a conformance requirement for SVG 1.0. The situation is just that no one
appears to have implemented the feature yet.

Jon Ferraiolo
SVG Editor
Adobe Systems Incorporated