RE: svg

At 10:19 AM -0400 6/23/00, Bill Cava wrote:
>So would you say that is SVG a descendent of VML?

	More like a step-child.  SVG has MUCH more in common with
PGML (the Adobe vector recommendation) than VML (Microsoft's rec),
but SVG does include a number of features of VML not present in PGML,
but the syntax of SVG is MUCH closer to PGML.

>I've been developing a few apps that
>generate dynamic images using VML and need to know if I should continue in
>this direction, or drop it and go to SVG?

	Drop it and to go SVG!

	VML is ONLY supported by Microsoft IE for Windows, while SVG
is an open standard and viewers are available for many platforms and
browsers.

Leonard
                   You've got a SmartFriend in Pennsylvania
Leonard Rosenthol      			Internet:       leonardr@lazerware.com
					America Online: MACgician
Web Site: <http://www.lazerware.com/>
FTP Site: <ftp://ftp.lazerware.com/>
PGP Fingerprint: C76E 0497 C459 182D 0C6B  AB6B CA10 B4DF 8067 5E65