Re: 3 tiny issues with CSS Writing Modes 3 (20190903 version)

Le 2019-09-03 02:24, Fuqiao Xue a écrit :
> Hi Gérard,
>
> Since the CR has been published, could you file it as a (or several)
> GitHub issue(s), so that we can fix them before the next publication?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Fuqiao
>
>> On Sep 2, 2019, at 21:29, Gérard Talbot <www-style@gtalbot.org> wrote:
>>
>>> The CSS Working Group would like to publish the CR of CSS Writing
>>> Modes 3.
>>> The document is available as:
>>
>>> https://www.w3.org/TR/2019/CR-css-writing-modes-3-20190903/
>>
>> 3 tiny issues.
>>
>> 1-
>> https://www.w3.org/TR/2019/CR-css-writing-modes-3-20190903/images/orthogonal.svg
>> used in Example 11 of section 7.3 Orthogonal Flows
>>
>> "extent" and "measure" are not defined anywhere; these are remainings
>> of older versions.
>> "measure" should be replaced by "inline size".
>> "extent" should be replaced by "block size".

Done:

Issue 4272: [css-writing-modes-3] "extent" and "measure" are not defined
in SVG image
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4272

>> 2-
>> In an ideal version of the spec, colors of arrows would be consistent
>> across sections and reused in all examples.
>> So, blue would be for glyph orientation (pointing toward ascender side
>> or "top" side of a line box),
>> orange for inline flow and green for block flow.

This one would involve considerable time, efforts to tweak 5 or 6
images. Ideally, colors of arrows would be consistently reused. The spec
as edited is already excellent.

>> 3-
>> In
>> https://www.w3.org/TR/2019/CR-css-writing-modes-3-20190903/#fig-text-orientation
>> in section 5.1 after definition of sideways:
>> the images are horizontally offset a bit from their terms. If I toggle
>> off
>> .figure img {display: block;}
>> then the images are correctly aligned with their terms.

Done.

Issue 4273: [css-writing-modes-3] images of text-orientation values
slightly offset from terms
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4273

Gérard