Re: [css-multicol] disappearing list markers

>> On Mar 9, 2017, at 12:20 AM, Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net> wrote:
>>
>> The problem with multicol is [...] they overflow the column box, and get clipped.
> On Mar 11, 2017, at 08:36, David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com> wrote:
>
> It looks like content is no longer supposed to be clipped in the latest multicolumn draft (section 8.1 has changed). In older versions of the spec, column content was supposed to be clipped halfway into the column gap. I’ve changed WebKit to stop clipping interior columns like this and to allow the contents to overflow in the inline direction, and the list markers show up fine now.

Indeed, you're right. The TR version still claims you need to clip, but the ED no longer does. We badly need to republish.

Since the spec is in CR, a new publication needs an DoC and all, so as Mozilla seems to be right in the middle of working on it and finding/filing new problems, I suggest we sort these out relatively quickly, and the push a new CR out.

—Florian