Re: [css-logical-props] CSS transforms

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 16:08:44 -0400
To: Julien Wajsberg <jwajsberg@mozilla.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 01/13/2015 04:15 AM, Julien Wajsberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if CSS transforms were left out of the proposal on purpose (and
> if yes, is there any reason for that?) or if it is a mere oversight?

It was intentional... to restrict the set in the proposal to the properties
in CSS2.1 and anything else absolutely necessary to support the implementation
of a logical UA stylesheet that handles Writing Modes 3.

However, we should also investigate expanding logical coords to newer aspects
of CSS, like transforms. I've filed your issue into the GitHub repo (where
CSSWG has now moved) here: https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1544
so that we can track it.

Thanks for your report!

~fantasai