Re: [css-tables] Dropping repeated headers/footers when one content row doesn't fit

> On Jan 7, 2017, at 05:18, François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com> wrote:
>
> I thought it was what browsers were doing so that is what I initially intended, but matching current implementations when they agree on a result is what we want, not to define a new behavior, so I would like to clarify that to mention any part of a row and not necessarily a row in full.

Do you have test cases (even informal ones) for that?

I agree that we want to match current implementations when they agree rather than define a new behavior, but when it comes to table fragmentation, I think we ought to include non-browser implementations as well (vivliostyle, prince, antenna house, pdf reactor...), as they tend to have paid a lot more attention to fragmentation than browsers have.

I have not run the tests, so I don't know if they're different or not. And even if they are, maybe we'll want to overrule them. But we should at least check.

—Florian