[css-grid] Agenda+ Summary of Open Issues

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 02:50:16 -0500
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
I just finished compiling the Grid DoC:
   https://drafts.csswg.org/css-grid/issues-cr-2016
There's a bunch of editorial work for me and Tab, but also...

Issues for the CSSWG to discuss:

https://drafts.csswg.org/css-grid/issues-cr-2016#issue-1
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2016Oct/0076.html

   Currently, in case of a conflict where the min is greater than the max,
   the min wins in minmax(). This is consistent with how min/max-width work.
   The poster wants to invert the condition for his use case.

   Propose to reject for consistency, but the use case is valid and we need
   to find a solution for it.

https://drafts.csswg.org/css-grid/issues-cr-2016#issue-17
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/955#issuecomment-276587187

   It's not defined whether fr units can combine with lengths in calc().
   I'm assuming we want to allow that, but need to check with implementers.

https://drafts.csswg.org/css-grid/issues-cr-2016#issue-21
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/955#issuecomment-276587187

   Follow-up to the decision on auto sizing of images in fixed-size grid areas:
   is 'normal' equal to 'start' for replaced elements without an aspect ratio?
   what about non-replaced elements with an aspect ratio?
   what about replaced items with an intrinsic size in only one dimension?

https://drafts.csswg.org/css-grid/issues-cr-2016#issue-16
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/958

   Request to defer subgrid on the expectation that there will be significant
   issues found during implementation.

   Since nothing has been reported yet and it is marked at-risk, I'm rather
   inclined to leave it where it is.

~fantasai