[css-align] A couple questions about CSS box alignment

From: Patrick Brosset <pbrosset@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 16:41:37 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
I'm new to the CSS Box Alignment spec and I'm currently reading it from the
point of view of someone trying to understand it enough to imagine a
browser devtools for aligning elements on a page.

To that end, I have a few questions. I'm sure they're quite beginner level,
and I hope they're fine to ask here.

1) Why does justify-content not work on block containers?
It seems to me like that would be useful to align content along the inline
axis nicely.

2) I don't understand how align-content is meant to work with multicol
containers.
The alignment subject is the entire column box which, I assumed, would take
the full block size.
But I'm guessing that's where I'm wrong. Are column boxes different sizes?
Is this due to the break-* properties?

Thanks a lot for taking the time to help me understand!
Patrick