Re: [cssom-view] Additions to the scrolling API

On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 6:49 AM, Marky Mark <mark@heyimmark.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The specification for smooth scrolling is great!
>
> I have a proposal that I’ve created that addresses a few pieces that I think
> can be added to this spec. Most specifically, addressed in my proposal:
>
> Is it possible to make the scroll methods on the Window and Element
> interfaces return Promises?
> Can we give the developer more easing options besides auto, instant and
> smooth? I propose that add an easing property to the ScrollOptions that can
> be assigned a string identical to those of the CSS Transition
> single-transition-timing-function, which have already been introduced and
> adopted as part of the W3C specification.

Majid and I have answered over in the Discourse thread.  If you do
still think there's anything to be done at the CSS level, could you
instead open an issue in the CSSWG GitHub repo?
<https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues>  We've switched to having
discussions there, rather than in www-style.