[css-sizing] size parameter and aspect-ratio

From: Jonathan Kingston <jonathan@jooped.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 12:17:02 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org
I wrote down a rough draft of both size and aspect-ratio into a spec here:
https://jonathankingston.github.io/logical-sizing-properties/index.html?1

Tab wrote down a rough idea of an aspect-ratio property a long time ago on
his blog: http://www.xanthir.com/blog/b4810 I can't see any movement on
here other than in 2014 a discussion on object-sizing. (I took this and
updated it to more of the latest terminology the group uses).

There was a discussion here of 'size':
https://discourse.wicg.io/t/shorthand-for-width-height-css-longhands/1160/25
(I noticed frivoal's comment there so reraising a new discussion here)

For me the main improvements of 'size' are:
- Adding a use-case for fixing developers aspect hacks
- Creating a neat shortcut for square elements
- Enticing developers into understanding and using logical properties

Is there any merit in discussing adding this into CSS?

Thanks!