W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-style@w3.org > May 2016

[css-scroll-snap] snap alignment container (concept name)

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2016 09:25:59 +0300
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Message-ID: <5725A177.9030906@inkedblade.net>
There's an issue marked in the spec for a better name for this

   # snap alignment container
   #    A scroll container’s snap alignment container is the
   #    rectangle obtained by reducing its visual viewport
   #    by its scroll-snap-padding.
   # ISSUE: Better name for this concept?

I propose “scroll snap window”, “snap window“ for short!
(I.e. use “snap window” but allow other specs to cross-link in to
“scroll snap window” for better context.)

   * shorter and easy to pronounce
   * relates to the concept of having a hole inside which we're
     viewing stuff, which is what it is
   * doesn't use the overloaded word “viewport”

   * ???

Received on Sunday, 1 May 2016 06:27:15 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Monday, 23 January 2023 02:14:59 UTC